Apple Distinguished School
Just 4 years after introducing iPads into our school, we are proud and delighted to have been recognised as an Apple Distinguished School for the period 2021-2024.
Apple Distinguished Schools are centres of innovation, leadership and educational excellence. They use Apple technology to connect students to the world, fuel creativity, deepen collaboration, and make learning personal. The innovative use of this technology in the school has enabled us to:
- Increase motivation and engagement in learning
- Inspire curiosity and creativity throughout the curriculum
- Significantly reduce teacher workload
- Significantly reduce our use of paper
- Further engage parents and carers in the children’s learning
- Explore innovative ways of approaching learning
- Enhance collaboration
- Deliver a first-class home learning experience
- Improve engagement in writing, particularly for boys
- Provide equity of access to the digital world for all pupils
Our journey, however, has only just begun and we intend to continue to explore the potential of teaching with iPads to provide the best possible educational experience for our pupils and to prepare them for life in the 21st century. We also look forward to collaborating with other schools to help them to develop their own use of this technology.